Port Washington Shopping and Events
Port Washington is a festival town with great music and food. Enjoy Port Washington Fish Day, the largest single-day fish fry on the planet. Pirate Fest features a whole treasure trove of mayhem and merriment. Plus the Paramount Blues Festival features a whole weekend of world-class blues and American Roots music centered on Coal Dock Park.
It is an easy thirty-minute commute to Milwaukee, Sheboygan, West Bend and points along the way. The Brewers, Bucks, Admirals, Symphony, Ballet, concerts and engaging theater are within easy reach, as are great golf courses like Whistling Straights and The Bog designed by Arnold Palmer. If you like motorsports, Road America (between Plymouth and Elkhart Lake) is one of the most highly revered road-racing venues in the U.S.
Port Washington Farmer's Market
If you love to “grow your own” get on the bike trail at E. Jackson St. and head north along the west side of Upper Lake Park. Just beyond the park, on the left, you will arrive at the Hales Trails Community Garden. Plots are rented on a “for the season” basis. It’s awesome! No time to garden? Port Washington Farmers Market is every Saturday, all summer long downtown on Main Street (the entire block west of Franklin). There is also a Winter Farmers Market during colder months at First Congregational Church on Webster, across the street from the Niederkorn Library.
Expect weekend concerts on warm evenings. Port Washington, Wisconsin is a music town. In fact, Port is soon to be home to the Blues Factory, a roots-music- themed restaurant, pub, and concert venue celebrating Paramount Records and its Port Washington roots.
- Duluth Trading Company Pear & Simple
- ZuZu Pedals
- Blue Heron Artisan’s Gallery Gallery 224
- Shirley Gruen Studio & Gallery
More to the Adventure
- The Bog designed by Arnold Palmer (15 min.)
- Historic Cedarburg (20 mins)
- Arts and Entertainment, The Brewers and The Bucks, Milwaukee County (30 mins.)
- Kohler Golf: Whistling Straights/Blackwolf Run/The Bull at Pinehurst Farms (45 mins.)
- Road America (45 mins.)
- Grand Geneva Resort & Spa (80 mins)
- Lambeau Field, Green Bay (90 min.)
- Door County to the north or Chicago to the south (2 hours)
- Lion’s Den Gorge, Riveredge Nature Center, Forest Beach, Harrington Beach State Park, Kettle Moraine State Park
- Milwaukee County Zoo, Wauwatosa - A World Leader in threatened species survival in the wild and in captivity
- Milwaukee Art Museum - Vast collection, traveling exhibits, hands-on programs for adults and children
- John Michael Kohler Art Center, Sheboygan - Wonderful Gallery, lots of community engagement
- Museum of Wisconsin Art, West Bend - Primarily Focused on Wisconsin ArtistsMilwaukee Symphony Orchestra - Professional Company with a penchant for Mahler, plus the usual suspects Milwaukee Ballet, Ko-Thi Dance Company, Wild Space Dance Co., Danceworks, Inc.
- 2017 United States Championship (PGA) was hosted in June at Erin Hills in Erin, Wisconsin.